If you are getting married or going to a wedding this summer, don’t forget that lots of photos will be taken and you’re going to want to look your absolute best. Here are five ways to make sure that your smile is perfect for the big day photos!
- Be upright – Make sure you maintain a good posture as slouching makes a real difference to the appearance of your smile (and not in a good way!)
- Look both ways – Tilt your head this way and that and try not to look square-on into the camera lens
- Let the laughter flow – Being natural is the best and the classic CHEESE! moment doesn’t always look great! Think of something funny to get you giggling
- Love the lipstick – Find exactly the right colour by experimenting to help define the shape of your mouth
- Practice makes perfect – Use a mirror or the self timer on your camera to see how your smile looks in different lights and from a variety of angles. You will soon discover your ‘best side’ and be able to quickly show it when the camera heads in your direction
- It’s all in the eyes – Don’t let your eyes close too much so that everyone can see how happy you are. Mascara is your friend!
- Brush, Floss, Chew – You should already be doing these things regularly to ensure the continued health of your teeth and gums but it’s easy to forget in the excitement of the wedding day: consider this your reminder!
- Watch what you’re eating and drinking – Enjoy and celebrate the wedding day with a few drinks by all means but make sure not to nibble on snacks that might get stuck in your teeth and spoil your smile. With drinks, stay away from the red wine and keep tea and coffee to a minimum; water is the best thing to drink, especially if you’ve overindulged the night before!
Tooth whitening is yet another way to make sure your smile looks gorgeous, whether it is your wedding or that of a friend or family member. This is where Lancashire Dental Private Dentists can help – we provide state-of-the art tooth whitening methods that will successfully bring your teeth to your desired shade in time for the big day.